Friday, October 5, 2018

Novel Notes: What I Have Been Up To

So many might have noticed that I haven't been super active on twitter and on my blog. Let's say I have been pretty busy with life. One major life changing thing is that I will be getting married in a couple of weeks so a lot of my free time as been spent on planning and organizing everything for the wedding. However, it doesn't mean that I am not making time for reading and blogging. I am still finding time to read but I am reading at a more slower pace this year than previous years. I am still attending book events but I am being more selective about what book events I am attending. I am blogging only when I want to blog and I do not want to make it a forced activity just to keep up with numbers. That is not my intention at all. Blogging is avenue to escape the real world for a bit just like how reading is.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to Boston Teen Author Festival this year and I will not be able to partake in a lot of the events on the day of the Boston Book Festival. On the same day of the Boston Book Festival, my sister and I are seeing Hamilton! I was lucky enough to snag a pair of tickets for decent seats on a weekend. Because Hamilton is Boston this fall, we had to try to be in the room where it happens and I can't wait to see Hamilton next weekend!

Lately I have been reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness because I want to try to re-read All Souls trilogy before jumping into Time's Convert. I also have a few other books on my TBR list that I hope to read this month. Because it's October, I want to read some atmospheric novels. Speaking of October, I am so excited about this month because October screams fall! The air gets crisper, the leaves change color and it's the start of the holidays. October is my favorite month but my favorite time of year is definitely September to December.

I love all the festivities during this time of year from apple picking to baking pies to celebrating holidays with family and friends. When it starts getting colder, out comes the out hot chocolate. Right now, I have been enjoying some pumpkin spice lattes and cold apple cider. Soon I will be starting with the baking. My specialty is baking snickerdoodle cookies. It's the one recipe that I perfected and it took me years to perfect it. It's my go to for parties and I love gifting tins of snickerdoodles to people during the holidays.

Some book events that I am looking forward to include the following:

☆ Wednesday, October 10th with Claire Legrand talking about Sawkill Girls at Trident Booksellers and CafĂ©.

☆ Wednesday, November 7th with Julie C. Dao talking about Kingdom of a Blazing Phoenix at Brookline Booksmith


☆ Wednesday, December 19th with Cassandra Clare talking about Queen of Air and Darkness at the Coolidge Corner Theatre



What are some things you are looking forward to this fall? What book events are you planning to attend in the next few months?


No comments:

Post a Comment