Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2019

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their most anticipated releases of the second half of 2019. I have to say that the end of 2019 is having some very excellent titles coming up! I am so excited to read them all! The following titles are in no particular order.


1. The Grace Year by Kim Liggett releasing on October 8, 2019. I love all of Kim Liggett's novels so I am super excited to see Kim's take on a dystopian. If you love paranormal and horror, make sure to check out her backlist titles.




2. Frankly in Love by David Yoon releasing on September 10, 2019. This contemporary novel sounds definitely up my alley. I had a chance to read the beginning of the book via a sampler and I am in love already!



3. Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw releasing on November 5, 2019. The Wicked Deep captured my heart and when I heard Shea was releasing this book, I had to add it to my TBR list. Haunting romance, magical forest and a mysterious boy? Yes, please!



4. The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee releasing on August 13, 2019. I am a huge fan of Stacey's books and I added this to my TBR list immediately. Stacey writes historical fiction with Asian main characters. I can't wait to see what Miss Sweetie has in store for us.



5. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim releasing on July 9, 2019. Mulan meets Project Runway? Yes to this! That is all I needed to read before I added this beauty to my TBR list. I am also all for YA fantasy featuring Asian characters.



6. Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco releasing on September 10, 2019. Kerri has swept our feet with Audrey Rose Wadsworth and Thomas Cresswell. Let's see what the duo can accomplish together this time unearthing yet another serial killer.



7. Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell releasing on September 24, 2019. This is the sequel to Carry On and readers get more Simon and Baz! What's not to love about Simon and Baz?




8. Our Wayward Fate by Gloria Chao releasing on October 15, 2019. Asian main character in a rural area? I am interested to see Ali Chu navigate being the only Asian student in her school.



9. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo releasing on October 1, 2019. I am not a huge fan of Leigh's writing but I will give her a chance on this adult paranormal novel. The synopsis is what got me.


10. Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan releasing on November 5, 2019. I love Girls of Paper and Fire and cannot wait to dive into this sequel. Lei and Wren barely escaped the wrath of the Demon King during the first book and seeing them overcome many obstacles is inspiring. Their love will triumph all. With an epic journey, dark magic and badass girls, this novel will be kickass!



What are some of yours most anticipated books for the second half of 2019?

19 comments:

  1. Yeah, The Downstairs Girl does sound interesting.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super excited for The Downstairs Girl. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing The Ninth House everywhere today. I'm excited for the Rainbow Rowell book although it didn't really make my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Everyone seems to have it on their list. It was hard to narrow down to ten books this time around since there are so many good upcoming releases for the second half of the year.

      Delete
  3. YAY for Frankly in Love. This one just sounds like such a cute read. :) Here's hoping. *fingers crossed* I've also been really curious about Kerri's historical fiction novels for a while now, but haven't read any of them. Maybe now that the third (and final?) book is releasing I'll finally give them a chance. Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, Nicole. Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly in Love is too cute for words! If you love mysteries, you will love Kerri's Stalking Jack the Ripper series. And I love the banter between Audrey Rose Wadsworth and Thomas Cresswell. Capturing the Devil is the fourth book. At least you can just marathon the books now instead of waiting a year in between for each one to be published.

      Delete
  4. Amazing list! I am so excited for The Grace Year, Frankly in Love, and Spin the Dawn too! They all sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I cannot wait to read them all! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I'm super curious about Frankly in Love! Plus, that cover is kind of irresistible and I'm only a little in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with the cover too. Based on the sampler I read, I love the main character's voice and I cannot wait to read more about how he navigates life. It's definitely a coming-of-age book.

      Delete
  6. Spin the Dawn made my list but I'm also looking forward to Ninth House, Wayward Son, and Frankly in Love! I hope you get to read all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They all sound so good. I hope you get to read them as well.

      Delete
  7. Girls of Strom and Shadow I can't wait to get my hands on that book as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's one of my most anticipated books of the year for me. I fell in love with Girls of Paper and Fire and cannot wait to read what happens next in the series.

      Delete
  8. I think I'm be the most excited about Ninth House! However, I'm not familiar with Leigh Bardugo writing but the blurb sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually not a fan of her other books but this synopsis sounds good and I am willing to give her writing another go.

      Delete
  9. Ooh, I'm excited for The Downstairs Girl, Girls of Storm and Shadow, and Capturing the Devil (though I need to read the rest of the series first).

    Awesome list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to finish the rest of the Stalking Jack the Ripper series before Capturing the Devil comes out! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. Nice list. The Downstairs Girl is also on my list. Winterwood looks good too.

    ReplyDelete