Monday, November 11, 2019

LeakyCon 2019: Day 3 Recap



I attended my first LeakyCon this year. LeakyCon 2019 (aka LeakyCon 10) was hosted at the Seaport Hotel and the World Trade Center from Friday, October 11, 2019 to Sunday, October 13, 2019. The first LeakyCon was held in Boston’s Park Plaza in 2009 and it’s fitting how LeakyCon 10 returns back to Boston for the 10 year anniversary. For those who don’t know what LeakyCon is, LeakyCon is a Harry Potter fandom convention by Mischief Management. It is also one of the annual conventions Mischief Management hosts. Earlier this year, during the summer, LeakyCon 9 ¾ was hosted in Dallas, Texas. Occasionally two LeakyCons will occur in one year. There have been some international locations such as Dublin, Ireland and London, UK.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2019

The last day of LeakyCon was probably my busiest day at LeakyCon in general due to all the programming I wanted to attend. Overall, I enjoyed my time at LeakyCon despite not knowing what I was going to get myself into. The programming was fabulous and there was always something to do. I love how there is something for everyone. Even though I am not used to going to Harry Potter cons at this level in terms of the number of people, I have to say that I didn't really have to worry about waiting in too many lines.

I met up with Jess in the morning and we finally got a photo of us together. Legit, we didn't get any photos of us two besides a few in the morning with the LeakyCon stained glass window backdrop. There was a cauldron backdrop near the escalators but unfortunately, we did not get photos with the huge cauldron.

I browsed the Marketplace with Jess for a little bit before attending the Spotlight: Luke Youngblood event at the Main Stage. Luke plays Lee Jordan in the films. He always lights up the stage and is entertaining making everyone laugh. I grabbed a quick bite to eat near the food café area and to also rest a bit.











I ended up going to the Let's Discuss Ravenclaws for about 15-20 minutes and then popped into the Potter Puppet Pals Performance which was hilarious! Potter Puppet Pals never disappoint. Neil and his crew always put on a good show. I got to meet Neil way back in 2013 or so at ConnectiCon. I also attended several Yule Balls in the Middle East in Cambridge, MA where the Potter Puppet Pals perform annually. Neil framed the time for more of a Q&A. Attendees can come up to the mic at the front and ask the Potter Puppet Pals questions. The Harry Potter Puppet acted as the host and would "find" a particular character depending if the question was directed toward them.











The Spotlight: Dan Fogler was right after the Potter Puppet Pals. I moved further up to get a good seat. Dan is hilarious. I've only seen him in Balls of Fury and the Fantastic Beasts films but he is genuinely a super nice guy. He is so funny too! After the Spotlight, I want to line up for the photography session with Dan. I have to say that the lines and process to take the photo and obtain the photo was very well thought out and organized. Earlier during the day, I picked up a Nagini the Octopod that my friend Lorrie made. I even was able to bring Nagini the Octopod to the photoshoot which I was very excited about. It was so nice to meet Dan. Even though I spent alike two minutes with him, he was genuinely curious about Nagini and he loves meeting his fans which is awesome.







Jess and I met for our last panel of the day. In Defense of Prisoner Azkaban, the Best Harry Potter Movie which was very intriguing. We heard from the presenter about her thoughts and we also heard the audience's thoughts. Everyone discussed what they liked and what they didn't like. It was a good panel to end the day.

I was able to catch the end of Closing Ceremonies. Hufflepuff won the House Cup when a Hufflepuff ran to the front to submit a donation of $300! Legit it was crazy how they went right to the top to beat the other houses!


Have you been to LeakyCon or a Harry Potter fan convention before? What is your favorite part of attending a con? Do you cosplay?



No comments:

Post a Comment