Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I Read In 2019

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten favorite books that they reads in 2019. I have to say 2019 had a lot of wonderful reads. I did not include some of my re-reads in the mix. Although I love To All the Boys I Loved Before trilogy and the Little Elliot books, I wanted other books to shine for my favorite reads of the year. I couldn't limit myself to ten books. I also decided to categorize my books by genre/format. The following titles are in no particular order. 


CONTEMPORARY
Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson
Frankly in Love by David Yoon

HISTORIC FICTION
The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee
An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley

FANTASY
Finale by Stephanie Garber, 3rd and last installment in the Caraval series.

MYSTERY/THRILLER
Killing November by Adriana Mather

DYSTOPIAN
The Grace Year by Kim Liggett

GRAPHIC NOVELS
Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker
In Real Life by Cory Doctorow
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell

AUDIO BOOKS (love the narrators)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander - Eddie Redmayne narrates this audio book and he is phenomenal, especially since he is Newt in the film adaptation. Just like in the films, he makes the character! No one else could have been casted as Newt overall.

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan - I loved the narrator for this audio book. She definitely kept me entertained. 


What are your favorite books that you've read this year?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Prince and the Dressmaker - such a great book. And I own Shout but need to read it!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an endearing graphic novel! I definitely want to purchase a copy for myself in the future. I initially borrowed a copy from the library.

      Delete
  2. The Grace Year and The Downstairs Girl are books I need to get to eventually.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read both books! They are fantastic reads! Also, The Grace Year will have a film adaptation in the near future directed by Elizabeth Banks.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to read Frankly In Love this past year, but alas didn't get to it. Hopefully I'll make time for it soon. Also, I've heard SO MUCH about The Grace Year. Glad you enjoyed it too, Nicole! Thanks for the visit to Finding Wonderland. Happy New Year - wishing you a great new year of reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Grace Year has been a buzz book last year. I have been a big fan of Kim Liggett's novels every since her debut. Thanks for visiting and happy new year to you as well. I hope you have a wonderful 2020 full of great reads.

      Delete