Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Book Releases for the First Half of 2020

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten most anticipated book releases for the first half of 2020. The following titles are in no particular order. There is one book with a July release date and one with a general 2020 release date.


1. Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare is the first book in The Last Hours series, which is also the sequel series to The Infernal Devices. Join Shadowhunters during the Edwardian London time period including the children of James, Tessa, etc. I am a huge fan of The Infernal Devices trilogy, so this is my number one most anticipated book for the year. Release date is March 3, 2020.


2. Liberté by Gita Trelease is the sequel to Enchantée. Readers learn more about Camille during the revolution. There is more magic, more sacrifice and more betrayal in the air. Release date is July 14, 2020.


3. The Circus Rose by Betsy Cornwell is marketed as a queer retelling of "Snow White and Rose Red." I adored Cornwell's retelling of Cinderella in Mechanica and Venturess. I heard great things of the Robin Hood retelling in The Forest Queen. I cannot wait to see what Cornwell has in stored for her readers. Release date is June 16, 2020.


4. Hunting November by Adriana Mather is the sequel to Killing November. I am super excited to read more about November's journey finding her missing father and figuring out her legacy. Release date is March 24, 2020.


5. Hollow Dolls by MarcyKate Connolly is a companion novel to the Shadow Weaver duology. Readers get to find out more about Simone's backstory as a mind reader and how she got to where she is in the Shadow Weaver duology. Release date is January 7, 2020.



6. Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao is a contemporary novel with a dual POV. A college student hires a fake boyfriend to appease her parents but then she falls for a guy that is not "rent worthy." Release date is sometime in 2020.

7. Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman is about a trapeze artist who work's at her parent's circus. Harley gets into a fight with her parents and decides to join the rival traveling circus instead. This book is so intriguing! Release date is March 10, 2020.


8. The Midnight Lie by Marie Rutkoski is a fantasy novel about different castes and magic. I loved reading Rutkoski's The Winner's Trilogy and cannot wait to check out her upcoming this LGBTQ+ romantic fantasy. Release date is March 3, 2020.


9. The Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth wasn't on by TBR list until I found out she is coming out with another book. It's been awhile since I read a book by Roth but I am intrigued to read Roth's first adult novel. Five heroes battle the Dark One. Release date is April 7, 2020.


10. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins is the prequel to the Hunger Games trilogy. I am super excited to read this novel and interested to read about the tenth Hunger Games. Release date is May 19, 2020.



What are some of your most anticipated books for the first half of the year?

7 comments:

  1. The Midnight Lie sounds really good! I haven't read The Infernal Devices but I am always tempted so maybe this will be the year because that new book has a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a chance to read TID and The Midnight Lie. I do agree that the Chain of Gold's cover is stunning! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Harley in the Sky is one of my most anticipated too.
    I FORGOT ABOUT THE NEW HUNGER GAMES!
    How could I forget that!? I'm super excited for that too.

    Ash @ JennReneeRead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good upcoming books that I probably forgot a couple on my list too. Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. The Circus Rose sounds really good! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Veronica Roth was coming out with a new book either! I didn't like her last YA series but I'm intrigued by the premise of this one! And yess the midnight lie! can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete