Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Hello, Again! How are you?

So it's been awhile since I posted here. With the pandemic still looming, it's been incredibly hard to balance my work and personal life. But I am happy to see that a lot of changes have been made since last year. I'll update you what I have been up to lately and what I am looking forward to for the holidays and the rest of the year. 

NEW APARTMENT

Sometime in the summer, my husband and I decided to relocate and we moved to an apartment that had a better work commute for the both of us. We ended up moving early September. I love the apartment! The living room has the best natural light since it's a south facing room. I finally have my own bookcase. I used to have all of my books in boxes at my previous residence. So, it's nice to see most of my books on shelves. However, I own way too many books and I have to donate or sell a bunch. I am trying to cull my collection and only keep my favorites or nostalgic books. Some of the books I own carry many memories like I met the author or the book created a huge impact in my life. 

The kitchen is probably the biggest room in the apartment which I love because I enjoy baking and cooking. I cannot wait to try out new recipes this year. I have been slowly building up my cookbook collection over the years. Although the bedroom is small, it's quite cozy and gets a decent amount of light for most of the day. I am very excited that I am close to town, public transit, a bomb.com diner, and a lot of great places to eat. I am super close to a bubble tea shop which is awesome in my book.

WORK

Work started back in person five days a week in mid-August. Let's say it's been rough since I was working 1.5 years at home with going into work one day a week. Transitioning from one to five days has been a lot on me. I always feel guilty taking off time since we are super understaffed. At least when I was working at home, I didn't feel the need to take a lot of time off. I guess it's healthy to take a break once in awhile but I despise going back to work with more things to go compared to when I left work.

Speaking of time off, I am going on vacation. Yes, I am a little nervous about it since I will be on a plane but I figured it's safer on a plane than me commuting on subway to work everyday. At least airlines are very strict with the masking protocols. My place of employment is super strict with surveillance testing even though over 95% of people here are fully vaccinated. We also have to do daily symptom checking. An app lets us know whether we are cleared to go on-site or if we are restricted.

WWoHP and Orlando Informer Meetup

So back to the vacation...I will be visiting the Wizard World of Harry Potter (WWoHP) in December as part of the Orlando Informer Meetup (OI Meetup)! I am so excited! It's legit the week after Thanksgiving and my friend, Jess, and I have been planning this trip since maybe earlier this May. We got a good deal on the hotel too. I cannot wait to return back to the WWoHP. I haven't been there since maybe 2016. Jess has never been to the WWoHP and I cannot wait to show her the magic. We will make a lot of memories in December. And I am so excited we are going during the holiday season. All the decorations will be up and the shows will be tweaked to include holiday theming. I cannot wait to have some frozen Butterbeer and also to try the hot Butterbeer. And can I say no humid, hot Florida summer! Yes, please!!!

Although I traveled around New England during the past couple of years, New Hampshire and Maine in particular, going to Florida is a huge step. Many of my conventions I had planned for 2020 were postponed to 2021 and then they are postponed yet again to 2022. I am not sure if the 2022 conventions will happen but at leas this magical trip will happen. Before people panic about the increase COVID cases and lax protocols in Florida, Jess and I are going to an afterhours event where there is less people going into Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Masking is required indoors. The parks are practically empty and I heard maybe 2 rides have lines. Most rides are walk-ons.

We enter the parks at 5:00 pm on Friday, December 3rd and on Saturday, December 4th. The public will need to vacate the premises by 7:00 pm on Friday and 8:00 pm on Saturday. We OI Meetup goers will then be able to roam around both parks until 12:30 am for the Friday meetup and 1:30 am for the Saturday meetup. And can I say that the admission includes unlimited free food!! Yes, you heard that right...Unlimited free food at the parks and also non-alcoholic drinks! So that means free Butterbeers and ice cream from Florean Fortscue's! Of course there is real food too. Can't load up on all that sugar all night long. However, each attendee with receive a $15 meal card for each day of attendance for eating a small meal before the free food sessions are launched. I believe the free food starts around 8:00 pm on Friday and 9:00 pm on Saturday.

For more information about the meetup, check out the Orlando Informer Meetup webpage. I heard that the meetup for next year is June 3-4, 2022. If you are interested, make sure to get your ticket early and book your hotel early. With the OI Meetup, you get access to discounted on-site hotel rooms. The discount is pretty substantial too. 

Also, speaking of Harry Potter, this month is the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone film. WOW! It's crazy how it's been 20 years! I remember being a freshman in high school when I saw the film for the very first time. 

All I can say is that I am looking forward to a magical end of the year. I might even do a mini HP marathon of the films before my trip. Be on the lookout for a blog post or two regarding my Orlando Informer Meetup recap. I cannot wait to share the magic with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment