Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten things that make us pick up a book. The following things are in no particular order. 


1. Fantastic world building

2. Coming-of-age story

3. Book about boarding schools

4. Intriguing synopsis and plot

5. Diversity and inclusivity

6. Delicious food

7. Book by a favorite author

8. Slow-burning romance

9. Excellent character development

10. Presence of magic


What things make you pick up a book? 



8 comments:

  1. Oh, great list! I love me some slow-burn romance. Even better if they really have to work for it. :3 Magic and diversity are also big pluses for me! The more, the better, and extra bonus points if the world becomes so real to me that I'm left with a book hangover when I'm forced to rejoin the real world!


    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't slow-burning romances the best? I agree it's even better if they have to work for it, especially in a series. Magic and diversity light up the world! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Diversity and inclusivity are things that draw me into a book, too. They're so important.

    My post: http://www.lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-things-that-make-me-pick-up-a-book/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad there are more books that cover topics of diversity and inclusivity. We definitely need more of both in books.

      Delete
  3. I'm more about character-driven stories than plot-driven one, so I totally agree with the well-developed character thing. I love it when they feel real -- not too perfect, not too flawed, just a complex but authentic person that I can relate to.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about character development and how they have to feel real..I good balance of a not too perfect but not too flawed character.

      Delete
  4. I wonder why coming of age stories still resonate so much, even though I've been "of age" for quite a long time now! But they are so engaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coming-of-age stories so much. There is something about a character finding themselves that resonates with me. The discovery of who they are :).

      Delete