Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers post about their top ten authors they are dying to meet. I have been fortunate enough to meet many authors in my life but there are always more fantastic authors I would love to meet in the near future. The following authors are in no particular order.
1. Lisa See is an author I have been dying to meet ever since she published her novel Snow Flower and the Secret Fan back in 2005. In fact, I will meeting her today since she will be visiting one of my favorite indie book stores. Her current novel, The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane came out last Tuesday.
2. J. K. Rowling is an author I want to meet someday in my life time. Not only did she write the amazing Harry Potter series but she has brought life to a open-minded fandom and has brought joy to many Potterheads. Harry Potter and the Wizarding World have special spots in my heart. Not only have I been a fan for over 15 years but Harry Potter is part of my life that I will always cherish. I have made countless memories and met so many people because of Harry Potter. Thank you, J.K. Rowling!
3. Stephanie Perkins is an author I would love to meet one day because I absolutely fell in love with her Anna and the French Kiss companion series. Not only are her short stories cute as well but I am looking forward to her upcoming horror novel.
4. Kerri Maniscalco is an author who knows how to write a good historical thriller. I fell in love with her debut novel, Stalking Jack the Ripper, and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into Hunting Prince Dracula.
5. Julie Buxbaum captivated me with her heartfelt book, Tell Me Three Things. If you love books like The Start of Me and You, definitely check Buxbaum's books. Her upcoming book, What to Say Next sounds like the perfect summer contemporary read.
Neil Gaiman is an author I would love to meet. From Coraline to American Gods, Gaiman is a staple author in any household.
7. Stephen Chbosky has written one of my favorite books of all time, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. He is also a screenwriter. Chbosky wrote the screenplay for the film adaptation for The Perks of Being a Wallflower and for the live-action version of Beauty and the Beast.
8. Stacey Lee writes novels that I can relate to. She writes historical fiction and contemporary novels that are diverse and are unique. The Secret of a Heart Note is one of my favorite books she's written. I would love to meet her one day.
9. Stephanie Garber's debut novel Caraval is stunning! I cannot wait to read more novels by her especially the next book in the duology. She is a fantastic storyteller and meeting her would be a dream come true.
10. Naoko Takeuchi is known for her Sailor Moon and Codename Sailor V manga. I have been a high fan of Sailor Moon since the early 90s and I would love to meet the creator of this splendid manga series!
What authors are you dying to meet? Have you meet any of the authors on my list above?