To kick off the first week of Pottermas, Elizabeth from Book YAbber and I are hosting a Harry Potter trivia type of contest. Each participant is asked to answer trivia questions.You must answer ALL the questions correctly in order to be considered for the prizes. We have a couple of prizes. One winner will win a $20.00 Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Book Outlet gift card and two winners will win some books.
1. According to Luna Lovegood, Nargles are known to infest mistletoe. True or False?
2. Ginny Weasley is a noted practitioner of what hex? She uses the hex to overpower Draco in Umbridge’s office in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
3. Tom Riddle’s wand is made out of what wand wood?
4. Which house’s common room is the only one not shown in the books?
5. Other than his sword, what relic of Godric Gryffindor is kept at Hogwarts?
6. Neville gave Gillyweed to Harry before the second task of the Triwizard Tournament in the book. True or false?
7. Who temporarily replaced the fat lady when she was attacked by Siruis Black?
8. How many points is the Golden Snitch worth?
9. What is a Bezoar and what does it do?
10. Who is the barman at The Hog’s Head?
11. Severus Snape lived in Godric’s Hallow when he was a child. True or False?
12. I Am Lord Voldemort is an anagram of what name?
13. Cedric Diggory’s dragon was a Swedish Short-Snout in the Triwizard Tournament? True or False?
14. The motto at Hogwarts is Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus in Latin. What does the motto translate to in English?
15. During Defense Against the Darks Arts with Professor Lupin, students have contact with a Boggart. What did Parvati Patil see when she faced the Boggart in the book?
16. During the Boggart lesson with Professor Lupin, which two students didn't face the Boggart?
Please enter all your answers in the Google Form. After you finish entering your answers, please enter your name and e-mail address into the Rafflecopter widget. Let's see how big of a Potterhead you are. May the odds be ever in your favor!
1. Gift card giveaway is international. Book giveaways are open to residents of the United States.
2. Winners must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
3. We are not responsible for delayed shipping or damaged items.
4. Giveaways end on 12/20/15 12:00 a.m. EST.
Don't forget to check the blog on December 4th for a discussion about Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. If you are new to Pottermas 2015, make sure to check out this post. Also, you can follow Pottermas 2015 on social media with the hashtag #Pottermas15.