Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to post about a movie freebie. I decided on top ten all time favorite movies. So it was very hard to narrow down my favorite movies to just ten. However, I think I was able to narrow down my top picks. The movies are in no particular order. Images from imdb.com.
1. Now and Then is one of my all time favorite movies about a friendship between four girls who often met up in a tree house. What I love about this movie is how different each of the girls are and how they grew up from a girls to women. Their friendship has never been stronger.
2. Stand by Me is a coming-of-age film loosely based on The Body by Stephen King. The four friends are searching for a missing body in Oregon. It has a very similar vibe compared to Now and Then about friendship and self-discovery.
3. Good Will Hunting is a movie I can watch over and over and I will never get tired of it. A young man works at a janitor at MIT and is the only one that is able to solve a difficult math problem that even college students struggle to answer.
4. Nightmare Before Christmas is the perfect movie for Halloween and Christmas but I have to admit that I love watching this film year round. It's the perfect amount of creepy and charm in this Disney classic. I am a bit biased because I am a huge Tim Burton fan!
5. Pan's Labyrinth is an intense film that covers some of the years after the Spanish Civil War. Reality and fantasy become blurred in this beautiful but brutal masterpiece. Don't let reading subtitles deter you from watching this film.
6. Edward Scissorhands is a interesting take on a picture perfect society with someone who is different. The utopian suburban town with it's pastel houses helps set apart Edward's gothic home in this dark fantasy film.
7. Aladdin is definitely a favorite and Jasmine is my favorite Disney princess. I grew up on Aladdin and watched it so many times. There are so many amazing characters and memorable songs.
8. Wreck-It Ralph is a new Disney favorite for me. It combines a multitude of video games into a fun adventure filled movie for kids and adults of all ages. Vanellope is full of spunk and spirit.
9. The Lion King is perfection with the circle of life and the coming-of-age story about Simba. I am pretty sure no one really needs an introduction to this classic.
10. Donnie Darko is a psychological sci-fi movie that has a pretty big cult following. It's truly twisted and it boggles the mind.If you are interested in tangent universes, check out this movie!
What are some of your all time favorite movies? Do we share any same all time favorites?