Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to post about a Thanksgiving freebie. I decided to list what I am thankful for! I didn't want to narrow myself to only book related things but you will see how my list includes some bookish thanks!
1. J.K. Rowling is the queen! She has created one of my favorite series of all time and this series has impacted my life greatly. I jumped into the Wizarding World back in 2001 and never looked back. I would not be the person I am today without Harry Potter in my life. Harry Potter has opened new opportunities for me and has help me break out of my shell. And now she has opened the door to the era of the 1920s with Fantastic Beasts and can I say I am in love!
2. Harry Potter meet up groups and conventions is where I find home! The Potterheads I meet through meet up groups and conventions are some of the nicest and non-judgemental people you will meet in your life. We are all here for one thing and that's Harry Potter! We can set our differences and come together to celebrate everything Harry Potter! They are my second family.
3. YA Book Community is another group of people that I love to interact with via online and in person. For the most part, everyone is very helpful. I love meeting new friends through our love of books. Going to book signings and to book events is fantastic! Also, thank you to the publishers, literary agents and authors for your hard work in creating masterpieces!
4. My Boyfriend is my #1 supporter and is always there for me no matter what. We've just celebrated our 9 year anniversary together and I cannot wait to celebrate many more years! I love him so much!
5. Supportive coworkers and amazing students at TRiO and Upward Bound! My coworkers have been supporting each other for the last three months through tough times at the office. I am so thankful for their bravery and their encouragement. We worked hard through many tears and have overcome many obstacles together. My students at Upward Bound are like another family. Our relationship in Upward Bound is unique and different from most educator and student relationships.
6. Music brings out the emotions and helps soothe the soul. Although I love books, music is something that helped me a lot during me teenage years and even now to this day. It helps me get through things and music also evokes memories.
7. Food is the substance of life! I love cooking and baking. I love traveling to taste the culinary wonders of the world! The savory and sweet morsels of food lingering on the tongue is a treat! The aesthetics of food is picture perfect!
8. Art and Design is visually pleasing and is another facet to being creative. Like books and music, art is like a window into someone's soul. It's an expression of the imagination.
9. My immediate family has been very supportive with all the choices I have made in my life. They are always there for me.
10. My friends who have been there for me during all the happy and tough times in my life. I don't know what I would do without you!
11. You! Thank you for supporting my blog! It's readers like you that encourages me to share my life with you. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
What are you thankful for this year? Do you have big plans for Thanksgiving?