Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to blog about their top ten book they are looking forward to for the first half of 2017. I decided to list my top anticipated reads for the first half of the year and it was so hard to narrow the list down. Also, I am in love with all of these cover designs and I can't wait to kick off the new year with some fantastic reads! The titles are in no particular order.
1. Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley is a novel I am looking forward because Talley is one of my favorite authors who delves into multiple genres for her books and she writes about LGBTQ+ honestly and passionately.
2. Starfall by Melissa Landers is the companion book in the Starflight duology. I cannot wait to find out more about the adventures of Cassia and Kane. If you like Starflight, definitely check this one out because it looks like a good sci-fi novel!
3. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth is Roth's first book outside the Divergent series. I haven't read too much of this sci-fi's synopsis because I want to go into this book blind.
4. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli is Albertalli's sophomore novel and I am beyond excited to read it. Albertalli has captured my heart with Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and I hope she will capture my heart with unrequited love in this cute contemporary.
5. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken is the sequel to Passenger and I cannot wait to read more about Etta and Nicholas. I am hoping for more time traveling to different countries.
6. Caraval by Stephanie Garber is Garber's debut and has been raved about by many bloggers and readers on Twitter. I heard it has The Night Circus vibes and is a lush and intricate novel.
7. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord sounds fantastic! I love almost every book that Lord writes. Lord writes about real teen topics in a way that everyone can relate to. Her characters draw you into the story and she is able to invoke many emotions in her contemporaries.
8. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi is the sequel to The Star-Touched Queen and focuses more about Maya's sister, Gauri. I cannot wait to read Gauri's story. If you love retellings, definitely pick this one up.
9. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han is a MUST read! I am in love with Han's To All the Boys I Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You. I was ecstatic when the duology ended up blossoming into a trilogy!
10. Perfect by Cecilia Ahern is the sequel to Flawed. If you are looking for dystopian read, this is the series you want to pick up! Flawed is pitched as The Scarlet Letter meets Divergent.
11. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia is a novel I just heard about but I love how this books is about fan fiction. The fact that it's pitched as Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl and Noelle Stevenson's Nimona, I knew I had to add this to my TBR list!
12. The Last Harvest by Kim Liggett is a title I read in ARC form this year but I am beyond excited to read the finished copy next year. This horror novel comes out in January so make sure to pick it up. I plan to read it again come October around Halloween! Check out my review here.
What books are you excited for the first half of 2017? Do we share any of the same anticipated books?