Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to share ten websites they love that aren't about books. I decided to showcase ten top food blogs I love. The following blogs are in no particular order.
I have been following many food blogs even before I was interested in reading or creating a book blog. Food is one of my passions, especially baking. I am a huge fan of Pinterest and pinning recipes from blogs is one of my favorite things to do.
1. Brown Eyed Baker is one of the very first food blogs I stumbled upon. My friend, Kelli, suggested this blog to me way back when Michelle started to open a blog back around 2008-2009. I was still in college and started to cook and bake more. Michelle's recipes are easy to make and they are delicious.
2. Sally's Baking Addiction is one of my favorite baking blogs to check out for dessert recipes. Sally's blog design is one of my favorites. I love the colors and the navigation is simple. Her recipes are easy to follow and the pictures always makes makes my mouth water. This is definitely a blog to check out if you have a sweet tooth.
3. Love and Lemons is a blog I've recently started following but I absolutely love the layout of this blog and the recipes are fresh and healthy. Jeanine and Jack also recently came out with a cook book called The Love and Lemons Cookbook: An Apple-to-Zucchini Celebration of Impromptu Cooking.
4. Two Peas and Their Pod is run by Mari and Josh. They love creating simple and fresh recipes for their family and for entertaining. What I love is how they add a bit of travel, home life and meal planning in addition to their recipes.
5. David Lebovitz is one of my favorite cook book authors as well as one of my favorite food bloggers. Lebovitz currently lives in France and has a wonderful take on recipes. He incorporates ingredients from around in the world.
6. Dorie Greenspan is another one of my favorite cook book authors. Greenspan spends her time in Connecticut, New York and Paris. Her recipes are simple to make and I've always had great results. I also had the pleasure to meet her at Harvard Book Store during her Baking Chez Moi Book Tour. My favorite baking cook book of all time is her Baking: From My Home to Yours.
7. The Kitchn is a blog with recipes and tips for inspiring cooks. The blog breaks down into categories such as recipes, travel, drinks, shopping and apartment therapy. I mainly visit this blog for the cooking tips since they definitely have helped me become a better cook and baker. Many of the recipes will include step by step photos for readers to follow.
8. My Baking Addiction has some of the most refreshing desserts. Jamie not only showcases recipes but she also highlights fundamental and essential baking tips. I find these tips to be very helpful and they definitely help me improve the outcome of the food I make.
9. Bakers Royale is a blog that has some of the best food photography that I've ever seen. Despite it's name, Naomi also includes cocktail recipes and savory recipes. Life is sweet but we can't just eat dessert all day long.
10. Sweet Peas and Saffron is managed by Denise. Her recipes are creative and they are quite healthy without lacking flavor. She is a big advocate of making healthy meals from scratch for the busy lifestyle. She even has features where she highlights meals that can be made in 30-45 minutes.
What food blogs do you follow? Do you prefer cooking of baking? Leave your comments below.