Sunday, June 26, 2016

Harry Potter: 19 Years Later

Nineteen years ago, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was officially published. Little did J.K. Rowling know, she would change the world by a storm. Is it a coincidence that the epilogue in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is set 19 years later after the Battle of Hogwarts and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is released 19 years after the first Harry Potter book is published? I think not! Also, how fitting is it for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to be released on July 31st, which is both Harry's and J.K. Rowling's birthday.

Image from sherpotter.tumblr.com
Harry Potter has been an extremely important part of many people's lives. The fact that even after the seven books, Harry Potter still lives on through spin offs, fan fiction, podcasts, cosplaying, Quidditch, conventions, meet ups and more. Re-reading the books is a joy for many. Introducing the books to new readers is wonderful! Harry Potter is probably of the book series that can connect many people no matter what the age. And through this magic, we will always be strong and we will always be like a second family.

J.K. Rowling, thank you for making my life complete! I cannot wait for next year to celebrate 20 years of Harry Potter fandom. I will be introducing several Potter related posts throughout the month of July regarding fandom and Leviosa, a Harry Potter and YA Lit convention.

For those who are preparing for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Elizabeth from Book Yabber, Marci from The Plot Bunny and I are planning to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in July. Join us while we embark on this journey once more. We are coming home!

In honor of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child coming out next month, I will be hosting a pre-order giveaway for the book! 

GIVEAWAY

1. Open to residents of the United States.
2. Winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
3. The book will be sent from Amazon and I will not be responsible for delayed shipping or damaged items. 
4. Giveaway ends on 07/21/16 12:00 a.m. EST


10 comments:

  1. I *TOTALLY* didn't get misty eyed at , "We are coming home!" Nope, not me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally cheated and started reading Deathly Hallows already. Sorry...yet not sorry. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Harry Potter is awesome! My wife who's a diehard fan got me into it. I've watched all the movies, read the books and been at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure to check out the Wizard World and Diagon Alley. Can't wait for the new book to come out! bigjimboextreme@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! The WWoHP is fantastic! I am glad that your wife got you into Harry Potter!

      Delete
  3. Harry Potter will always be on my mind. I started reading the series as a child and now as a young adult, I see so much more depth and maturity to the story. Reading Harry Potter as a child had me grow with the characters and I hope through reading the script as an adult I can grow with the new and old characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how people grow with Harry Potter and revisiting new and old characters is never boring.

      Delete
  4. Potter is indescribable. #thefeels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter meant acceptance, escape, friendship, and hope. To know that no matter how weird I was, someone out there might accept me. Escape from my real life into a place that was magical and wonderful. Friendship, because it helped me make friends with some people that I still hang out with to this day. And hope, because Harry always triumphed in the end no matter what, and I hope to too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with everything you wrote above. Not only has Harry Potter been helping many readers with acceptance, escaping from reality, making friends and providing some hope, we know that Harry Potter will always be there for us.

      Delete