Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to share their top ten favorite 2016 releases so far this year. The following books are in no particular order.


1. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi is one of the most beautifully written novels I have ever read. Her words are lyrical and poetic; her descriptions are opulent. Chokshi writes with passion. It's a definite must read for fantasy and mythology lovers.


2. When We Collided by Emery Lord is a wonderful contemporary about two people finding one another during the summer. Vivi and Jonah help each other during hard times. Lord has a gift for capturing moments in a snapshot. Pick up this book this summer!



3. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski is a stunning ending to this fantastic trilogy. The world building and the political dynamics are still on point and the writing is passionate and compelling.


4. All the Feels by Danika Stone is a fangirl's dream book. If you are in love with a fandom, this is a must read book. Learn what a fandom really means to someone.


5. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch transports me to the time when I traveled to Florence, Italy. It's breathtaking! Love & Gelato is the perfect heartfelt and romantic novel for those who enjoyed reading Anna and the French Kiss.


6. Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum is an honest story that has captured my heart! If you're looking for a good contemporary read, this is the one to pick up now!!!


7. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury is a retelling of Aladdin from One Thousand and One Nights. However, it is not a mere imitation of Aladdin but a extension of the world of the Aladdin that most of us know today. It's a magical journey that many should dive into.


8. The Lonely Ones by Kelsey Sutton is a whimsical MG novel. Sutton writes in poetic verse which makes the story flow quite nicely. She captures the emotions of Fain perfectly.


9. If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo is an important and powerful book that everyone should read. It's a coming-of-age novel that tackles bullying, questioning your identity, making new friends, divorce, moving and finding love.


10. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee is a historical fiction taken place in 1906 in San Francisco. Learn what it means to live during the time of a historic earthquake in Chinatown. Acceptance, friendship and advocating for yourself are important themes in this novel.


Books Coming Out Soon:


1. How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather will capture those who love everything Salem. The novel is one part Mean Girls, one part Sleepy Hollow and one part Hocus Pocus. The eerieness, the mystery and the ambience makes How to Hang a Witch the perfect autumnal read.


2. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco fuses together gore and a mystery in the late 19th century Victorian era. Maniscalco does a fabulous job creating a compelling, atmospheric novel with a strong non-conventional female lead.


3. The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics devours you whole. It is equally intriguing, unsettling and chilling. This is a horror novel you want to pick up for sure!


What books are your favorite 2016 releases so far and why? I would love to see what books you enjoyed so far for the year. 

19 comments:

  1. All The Feels looks like a fun read! :-) Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All The Feels is fun read for any fandom lover :D. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I have pretty much all of these on my TBR!! Especially the Winners kiss!! Great list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Winner's Kiss was the perfect conclusion to The Winner's Trilogy. I am glad most of the books listed are on your TBR. Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. A lot of these I haven't read yet! Augh! If only I could read all the new releases, preferably the day they came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a chance to read most of these books. There are so many new releases that I am even having a hard time catching up with them.

      Delete
  4. we share two pick this week! i loved when we collided and love and gelato as well :) I also really want to read a few of these, but haven't gotten around to it, especially the star-touched queen, so i'm happy to see that you loved it!
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad we share two of the same books. Definitely read The Star-Touched Queen!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to get to The Star Crossed Queen, Women in the Walls and Stalking Jack the Ripper. They are all on my wishlist and I'm glad to see you think so highly of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to pick up these three fabulous books. They do not disappoint at all.

      Delete
  6. So many great books here! I loved All the Feels and When We Collided, and I am really looking forward to reading If I Was Your Girl and Tell Me Three Things.
    Thanks for sharing these & HAPPY READING! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy If I Was Your Girl and Tell Me Three Things. There are so many good contemporaries out :D.

      Delete
  7. All of these sound so good. I have Outrun the Moon but haven't gotten around to reading it yet (my tbr is so large). On #8, what does MC mean? The Forbidden Wish sounds so good! I've picked up Love & Gelato at Barnes and Noble twice and walked around with it a bit but then I always decided not to get it.. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MG means middle grade. Definitely check out Outrun the Moon and The Forbidden Wish.

      Delete
    2. Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. I have not read any of these, but The Star Touched Queen is on my TBR. I also really want to read How To Hang A Witch.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/top-ten-tuesday-62/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole,

    I love your list. Lots of contemporary ones that I need to check out. love that we both got to read Stalking Jack the Ripper. The Star-Touched Queen was so very lovely wasn't it? I can't wait for Roshani's next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so fortunate that were are able to read SJTR early. It's a fantastic book! Definitely check out the contemporary reads. This year there are a bunch of good ones out already :D.

      Delete