Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Marauders: B-Fest Day



The Marauders is a feature where Book Yabber, Marci from The Plot Bunny and I will showcase our bookish adventures around New England. Whether it is a bookstore or a library, we wanted to discover new places to share with the bookish community. We each took an Animagus form. Can you guess who is who and what animal is each person's Animagus?


On Saturday, June 11th, I ended up meeting Elizabeth and Marci and Barnes & Noble near the Burlington Mall for some bookish fun. If you didn't know already, Barnes & Noble had B-Fest Teen Book Festival nationwide which started on Friday, June 10th and spanned all weekend long. It was the first festival Barnes & Noble hosted and it's pretty awesome that all the Barnes & Nobles nationwide had author events, trivia, swag, etc. Unfortunately, it was poorly marketed. If you didn't have a twitter account or aren't active on social media, you pretty didn't know about the event.



Elizabeth, Marci and I were able to pick up a few things at Barnes & Noble when swag was put out at 11 am. We obsessed taking pictures with Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco because the novel is fantastic! Afterwards, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some lunch and dessert. I got my usual Thai Lettuce Wraps and a Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake slice.

Because we had a lot of time to kill, the ladies and I decided to venture off to the Disney Store and took quite a good chunk of time there browsing the store. We took many photos with the castle and with stuffed animals. We counted how many Disney characters were in the three character trees.

Bottom left and right photo credit: Elizabeth


Claire's was next and I can't tell you when the last time I visited Claire's. I probably haven't been there since middle school or high school. Elizabeth, Marci and I took many photos of us trying on flower headbands and random hats and even a veil! Marci had fun with a parasol.

Left and right photo credit: Marci


A Starbucks trip was in need of next and Marci and Elizabeth ordered Pink Drinks off the secret menu while I ordered a Latte Macchiato. They were super delicious and they were just the pick me ups we needed to continue our day.

Photo credit: Marci


The ladies and I returned back to Barnes & Noble and were surprised that much of the swag was untouched. Again, it's because of the poor marketing. We decided to pick up three of some of our favorite reads at Barnes & Noble and made a book wheel showcasing the books we chose. Marci also went picture happy styling all of the chosen books. Aren't they wonderful looking?

Photo credit: Marci
I chose All the Feels by Danika Stone, Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch and Fangirl by Rainbow. I totally forgot to add Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum and The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. However, I was only limited to three books. Contemporary is my favorite genre and these books mean so much to me. All the Feels and Fangirl are about fandom love which I can relate to so much since I am OBSESSED with Harry Potter. Love & Gelato, on the other hand, reminds me of memories when I was in Florence, Italy.

However, Elizabeth's choices of To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and When We Collided by Emery Lord are also fabulous. I absolutely love both of them and they are contemporaries I would recommend to everyone. I also really want to read The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder that Marci chose.

Photo Credit: Marci


Have you read any of the book pictured above? If so, what did you think of them? If not, which books do you want to pick up in the near future? Were you able to attend B-Fest this month? Leave a comment below!


If you want to follow The Marauders on social media, please check out the hashtag, #TheMarauders3, for pictures about our bookish adventures. We solemnly swear we are up to no good. Mischief Managed.


Photo credit: Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I love how we can turn even the simplest of outings into something super fun and silly. I am so glad that both you and Elizabeth loved reading Stalking Jack the Ripper and that we all now have copies of the ARC for our collection. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. It was simple yet super fun and silly :D.

      Delete