Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hobbies and Interests

So it's a no brainer that I am a huge lover of books and I love to read. However, I do not spend all of my free time reading. Of course some of my other hobbies or interests may be somewhat of an extension to my love of books, but they have their separate identities.

1. Many of you know that I am a huge fan of Harry Potter. I immerse myself into the Wizarding World beyond the books. I attend HP conventions, meet ups and will chat to almost anyone about HP.

2. I love to cook and bake. Not only do I collect cookbooks but I love to try out new recipes. I also love attending cooking demonstrations and cookbook author talks. I LOVE to eat. My boyfriend and I enjoy visiting different restaurants, especially when we travel. Food is one of my passions and it is something that I can share with everyone.

3. I love to watch anime and read manga. I will attend some anime conventions as well and will work on cosplays.

4. My favorite beverage is probably tea. I seriously have an addiction. I recently cataloged all the types of teas I own and probably have over 50 types in my possession. The great thing about tea is how versatile it is. You can prepare differently and there are so many kinds that everyone will find a favorite. I sometimes like to cook or bake with tea.

5. Design is something I am very fond of every since high school and college. I am a big fan of graphic design in particular but I also like interior design. I love how you can be creative with textures, colors and lines. There are so many things you can do to create a masterpiece and a work of art!

6. I recently learned to needlefelt when I attended a Harry Potter convention. Not only is it easy to create something but it is a soothing and relaxing way to enjoy your day. Needlefelted items make great gifts.


What are your hobbies besides reading? Do we share any of the same interests?


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to say I already knew a lot of these things about you--yay friendship! (And again, your new Ravenclaw bow is amazing!)

    I also like baking (so much more fun for me than cooking!) although I'm on a bit of a hiatus with the warm weather. I also do tend to stay in my comfort zone baking the same few things (pumpkin bread and chocolate pixies). I also host a cookie swap every December which is a lot of fun. Right now my main baking is bread with my bread machine.

    I do crochet and macrame and cross stitch but I find it hard to be consistent. I am trying to crochet baby booties for a work friend but it's hard (and I was delayed when I was laid up with a summer cold). I am hoping to find my stride with that soon--she's having twins so I need a lot of booties!

    I'm jealous of your needlefelting--you'll have to share pictures! I'm allergic to wool so that's one technique I've never been able to pick up.

    ReplyDelete