Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to choose top debut authors who have us looking forward to their sophomore novel. I only have nine on my list for now. The following books are in no particular order.
1. The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics has been on my TBR list since I heard Lukavics has another horror novel releasing next year. I actually found out the news earlier last week at the Halloween Teen Scream event in Salem. For now check out her debut novel, Daughter Unto Devils.
2. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee is a little bit different than Lee's debut, Under the Painted Sky. Instead of the Wild West and the Oregon Trail, Lee dives into San Francisco's Chinatown in the early 1900s.
4. The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey is the second novel in The Girl at Midnight series. Two races, the Avicen and the Drakharin, are fighting over the firebird. Can Echo survive the war?
5. An Untitled novel by Becky Albertalli is coming out next year. Albertali's debut, Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, is a cute contemporary and I cannot wait for this mystery untitled book.
6. Ravenous by MarcyKate Connolly is the second book in the Monstrous series. Connolly's Frankenstein retelling, Monstrous, takes place in Bryre. However, in Ravenous, a witch is now in town and captures Greta's little brother. I can't wait to read this Hansel and Greta retelling.
8. Dove Exiled by Karen Bao is the second in the dystopian Dove Chronicles. After Phaet Theta fled the moon in Dove Arising, she must take refuge on Earth. But then her past catches up with her.
9. Blood Magic by Danielle Rose is the second book in the Blood Books series and is definitely a book that I am looking forward to. I enjoyed Blood Rose and cannot wait to see what happens next to Avah. If you are looking for a Vampire Academy type of series, definitely check out Blood Rose before picking up Blood Magic.