Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Top Ten Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten wishes they'd ask the book genie to grant them. The following wishes are in no particular order.

1. A huge personal library (like in Beauty and the Beast) because what book lover doesn't want a huge library of books at an arm's reach?

Image from disney.wikia.com

2. A book written by Stephanie Perkins and Jenny Han because it will be the most romantic contemporary ever written by two wonderful and talented authors.

3. Hogwarts is REAL because it's freaking Hogwarts! I would love to explore the Hogwarts castle and the grounds. I want to meander around at Diagon Alley and I want to discover what Hogsmeade has to offer!

Image from Hogwartsishere.com
4. Meeting J.K. Rowling aka the Queen because she is my #1 author I want to meet before I die. She created my favorite series of all time. Harry Potter has been a lifesaver. Harry Potter never lets me down and I have met so many people through the Harry Potter fandom. Without Harry Potter, I would be a different person.

5. A complete collection of all the Harry Potter editions (foreign and unique cover art) because with a huge personal library, why not fill it up with my favorite series of all time?

6. A complete collection of everything Rainbow Rowell (this includes swag, all foreign copies and ARCs) because Rainbow Rowell is definitely another author that I LOVE. I especially want to collect every copy of Fangirl in existence because Fangirl means so much to me.

7. To provide books to all the children in the world because it's important for children to start reading at a young age and to read consistently for the rest of their lives. After all, the more you read, the more you learn.

Image from Quotefans.com
8. An opportunity to work in book publishing because I would love to see how the book publishing industry works. I've had the privilege to work in magazine publishing but I would LOVE to work in book publishing or just to have a career involving something bookish. I want to share my bookish love with others!

9. Having some of my favorite book characters come to life such as Lara Jean Song Covey from To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You or Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series.

10. More diverse books being introduced in picture books, MG and YA novels because I want to see everyone being able to see themselves in a book. I would love to see my students being able to relate to characters they read in novels because it is important for them to see themselves being represented in what they read.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is one of my wishes that I would like to share with others. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic list. I adore #7 as I'm passionate about children having access to books! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I hope more children will have access to books in the future!

      Delete
  3. Yes !! Number 7 is kind of something I wish for as well!! Great list!! How amazing (and crowded) would Hogwarts be?!
    ❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hogwarts will be packed because I assume everyone is still waiting for their letter.

      Delete
  4. Nice wishes!! May they all be granted!!

    Here’s a link to my TTT post for this week:http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-10-wishes-id-ask-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your list! I especially love numbers 2, 7, and 10. We also had a few in common.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wishes Nicole! Especially 7&10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always think it's important for everyone to be able to read and also to see themselves represented in books. The connections one makes with a book are super important.

      Delete
  7. Hi Nicole! Love your wishes. I think we all want Belle's library. ;-)

    ReplyDelete