Friday, May 22, 2015

BEA 2015 is Almost Here!

 

After months of waiting, BEA will be here in less than a week! I am currently at MISTI-Con from Thursday, May 21 - Monday, May 25 for 5 epic days of Harry Potter fandom fun! But after Monday, it will be BEA mode all the way. I will be leaving from Boston on Tuesday, May 26 in the late morning for Penn Station.

Check out my BEA series

Part 1: Pre-BEA tips
Part 2: Things to do in NYC
Part 3: What to expect
Part 4: BEA Essentials
Part 6: Etiquette
Part 6: How to work the lines

Where to find me during BEA week

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My train will be arriving at Penn Station sometime after 3:00 p.m. and I will most likely be checking into the hotel with my friend Selina. I want to pick up my badge if the registration area is open on my arrival day. I am not sure if Selina is attending the Teen Author Festival but I plan to attend Jenny Han's P.S. I Still Love You Release Party hosted by Powerhouse Dumbo in Brooklyn. Make sure you RSVP if you decide to attend. I would love to meet up with anyone who plans to attend the event.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

BEA Day 1 is quite short with the Exhibit Hall being open from 1:00  to 5:30 p.m. This day will be my chill day to scope around the area and to meet up with people. The only author signing I plan to attend is the Mike Curato signing and I plan to attend the galley drop for Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales. Other than that, I am pretty much free to do whatever I please.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

BEA Day 2 is tame but a little bit more busier than Wednesday. The Exhibit Hall opens at 9 a.m. and closes at 5:30 p.m. Authors that I must meet include Carolyn Mackler and C. Alexander London. If time allows, I would also like to meet Josephine Angelini and Soman Chainani.

Friday, May 29, 2015

BEA Day 3 is my crazy day and it should be interesting how I plan to prioritize everything I want to do. Selina and I plan to attend the Children's Author Breakfast from 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. I would love to meet Richelle Mead! Her signing is a must!  Other authors I would love to meet include Kim Liggett, Liza Wiemer, Marie Lu and Jennifer Walkup. I also plan to pick Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt at a galley drop. There are plenty of other things I want to do this day but it depends on how much free time I have. We'll wait and see since my train leaves sometime after 5:30 p.m. from Penn Station to head back into Boston.

Are you going to BEA 2015? If so what are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment