Thursday, May 21, 2015

Off to MISTI-Con 2015


So remember that convention that I was talking about...the one about Harry Potter? Well the time has come and today is the first day of MISTI-Con. I was fortunate enough to attend MISTI-Con 2013. This year I am bringing my boyfriend to MISTI-Con 2015! This year's theme is the Wizarding World Fair! MISTI-Con is hosted at The Margate Resort in Laconia, NH from Thursday, May 21, 2015 to Monday, May 25, 2015. The Margate will house only witches and wizards! That's right, no Muggles are allowed on the premises except for The Margate's employees.

So I heard there will be programming which will include live wizard chess, Harry Potter Mugglenet Family Feud, tea with the Malfoys, story time with Snape and even lakeside ghost stories with Madame Lestrange. The usual Opening Gala, Masquerade Ball and Wrock show will occur as well as a bunch of other goodies.

If you are available on Saturday, May 23rd from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. and plan to be around Laconia, NH, definitely join some witches and wizards at The Wizarding World Fair component of the convention which is open to the public. The Wizarding World Fair is is a celebration of culture, creativity and community. You will have access to the Bewitching Bazaar and Author's Alley, live performances, Q&A with Chris Rankin, Quidditch games and more!!!! Definitely check it out because it will be loads of fun!

Five days of wizarding fun will tire me out but I will try to save some of my energy for BEA. My plan is to return home on Memorial Day to empty out my bags and to pack for BEA. I will be in NYC the next day which will be Tuesday, May 26th. If you think BEA is crazy, imagine going to a 5 day convention and then less than 24 hours, heading to NYC for some bookish fun! This is what I call an epic vacation! Nicole is going on holiday!!!! Throughout MISTI-Con and BEA week I will be tweeting and posting pictures on Instagram. A recap of both events will mostly likely be posted sometime in June.

Are you interested in partaking in the magical world of Harry Potter via conventions? Check out my post about Harry Potter conventions. There will be a convention called Leviosa which will be located in Las Vegas in 2016. Some people might take a liking to GeekyCon (formerly LeakyCon) as well which is an annual convention. Leviosa and GeekyCon have some pretty impressive YA literature tracks as well with some fairly well known authors. Hopefully there will be a MISTI-Con 2017 because I will definitely be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment