1. Kim Liggett's Blood and Salt is Romeo and Juliet meets Children of the Corn. In the town village of Quivira, Kansas, there is a history of unrequited love and murder, alchemy and immortality. How awesome does this book sound? Liggett will be signing at the HorrorWrites Booth #2651 on Friday, May 29th at 10:00 a.m.
2. Richelle Mead wrote two of my favorite series, Vampire Academy and Bloodlines. Now, she is coming out with Soundless. Fei lives in a village with no sound. When the village is threatened, it's up to Fei to help stop the crisis. Mead will be signing Soundless on Friday, May 29 at 2:00 p.m.
3. Marie Lu's The Rose Society is the second book in The Young Elites series. I enjoyed The Young Elites a lot and I need to know what happens to Adelina! I would love to meet Lu at BEA. Lu will be signing at the Penguin Random House Booth # 3319 on Friday, May 29th at 1:00 p.m.
4. Leila Sales wrote one of my favorite books, This Song Will Save Your Life. I am looking forward to her fall release of Tonight the Streets Are Ours which is about a girl who takes a road trip to meet a blogger she admires. Sales will be signing in the Autographing Area at Table #4 on Friday, May 29th at 1:00 p.m.
5. Mike Curato's Little Elliot, Big City is one of my favorite children's picture books. Curato will be coming out with Little Elliot, Big Family. I would love to meet Curato. His illustrations are stunning and I love how timeless his first book is. Curato will be signing at the Macmillan Booth #3056 on Wednesday, May 27th at 4:00 p.m.
6. Carolyn Mackler is coming out with Infinite in Between. The novel has five main characters in high school and echoes John Hughes' The Breakfast Club. I am super excited about this novel. Mackler will be signing in the Autographing Area at Table #13 on Thursday, May 28th at 12:00 p.m.
7. Liza Wiemer's contemporary novel, Hello? will be released this year in the fall. I have been hearing great things about Hello? which is about five teens' stories about friendship and family, loss and love, heartbreak and healing, serendipity and ultimately hope. Wiemer will be signing at the Midpoint Trade Books Booth #1356 on Friday, May 29th at 11:00 p.m.
8. Josephine Angelini's Trial by Fire blew me away last year. I am anticipating Firewalker which is the second installment in The Worldwalker Trilogy. I also want to meet Angelini since I missed out in meeting her last year. Angelini will be signing in the Autographing Area at Table #5 on Thursday, May 28th at 10:00 a.m.
9. Jennifer Walkup's This Ordinary Life has a compelling synopsis and I love the cover art! I cannot wait to meet Walkup at BEA and to read about Jasmine who has life full of family dysfunction causing her to put a hold on her future plans until she meets Wes. Walkup will be signing in the Autographing Area at Table #8 on Friday, May 29th at 1:00 p.m.
10. Marie Marquardt's debut novel Dream Things True is something I must get at BEA! Even though she will not be signing, I need to get this book! It's a modern-day Romeo and Juliet story in which a wealthy Southern boy falls in love with an undocumented Mexican girl. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement are making raids around town. Also, how cute is this cover? I love E for Evan and A for Alma. Very clever typography I see here.