Sunday, December 31, 2017

Best Things About the Holiday Season

Happy end of December! I hope you are enjoying the wonderful holiday season with a lot of holiday cheer. December is one of my favorite times of the year because everyone gets into the holiday spirit. Some of my favorite things I look forward to in December includes the following:


1. Outdoor lights - How gorgeous are the houses are buildings decked out with whites lights, colorful lights and all the cool glowing blowups?

2. Hot Chocolate and Tea - I look forward to a nice steaming cup of hot cocoa with a candy cane in it. Don't forgot to use a favorite mug! However, I also love having a nice warm cup of tea during the colder months. I find tea very calming.

3. Snuggling under a blanket with a book - There is something comforting about snuggling with a soft blanket while reading. I love sitting next to the Christmas tree curled up reading while drinking hot chocolate or tea.

4. Fuzzy socks - Socks are the best to keep the feet warm while snuggling with that blanket with a book near the Christmas treat while drinking hot chocolate or tea. I love fuzzy, warm socks especially during the cold days and nights.

5. "Ugly" Christmas Sweaters - Yes! I have a Harry Potter sweater that has a Deathly Hallows symbol, Potter glasses and also a lighting bolt on it. Another sweater I have is a light up French Bulldog one. The dog has a cute santa hat. I find it fun to wear the sweaters to holiday gatherings or just because I want to get into the holiday cheer.

6. Cookies - You can't beat yummy cookies around the holidays! My favorite cookies to make are snickerdoodles but I love eating sugar cookies, Italian cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Don't forget the milk!

7. Decorations - You can't enjoy the holidays without the festive decorations in the house, outside of the house, at the mall, etc. It's fun to add some color and lights to room.

8. Chance of snow - Although I live in MA, it hardly snows on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I always hope for a white Christmas. It doesn't have to be a blizzard but a light coating of snow would be picture perfect and very fitting. I was super excited that we got a White Christmas this year.

9. Family and Friend Time - The holiday season isn't the same without spending time with loved ones. Enjoy this special time with people you cherish.

10. Holiday Cheer - Get into the spirit whether it's decorating the house, watching holiday films, listening to holiday music or even decorating gingerbread houses. Make those traditions and enjoy them with others.

Image from eekologie.com


What are you favorite things to do in December for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment