Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their auto-buy authors. There are so many authors I love but here are some authors that are on my auto-buy list for the most part. The following authors are in no particular order.


1. Rainbow Rowell is the creator of one of my favorite books of all time. For those who don't know, I love love love Fangirl! However, anything Rainbow writes, I will read and pretty much buy. I own several copies of Fangirl. Carry On has a sequel coming on this year called Wayward Son. Yes, for more Simon and Baz!

2. Kim Liggett is the mastermind of paranormal and horror novels. Right now, her upcoming novel The Grace Year, is being buzzing around but you need to check out some of her previous works such as The Last Harvest or the Blood and Salt duology.

3. Stacey Lee is a go to for me when I want to read historical fiction, especially when I want to read about an Asian female main character. I've always wondered how Asians navigated time within historical settings. Wander the times of the California Gold Rush to Gilded Age in the South with Stacey's fantastic protagonists.

4. Stephanie Garber is an amazing storyteller with her Caraval series. Her words bloom into something fantastic and spellbinding. Her memorable writing is descriptive and her characters come to life. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us in the future.

5. Laurie Halse Anderson tackles teen issues without sugaring coating them. She goes deep and to the nitty gritty. Her first novel, Shout, is a novel I read in my teens and  ever since then I have always read her books. I encourage everyone to read Laurie's books. The issues are real and we need to spread awareness about what is happening to our youth and the world.

6. Cassandra Clare has captured my heart with her Shadowhunter world. So far my favorite series is The Infernal Devices. The Shadowhunter world is very impressive with characters and plotlines intertwining through a multitude of books.

7. Mike Curato's Little Elliot picture book series is timeless and is definitely one of my favorite picture book series. I can see Little Elliot in every child's bookshelf in the near future. Not only is the artwork soothing with the muted tones but Little Elliot and friends carry good morals for little ones to abide to.

8. Adriana Mather wrote a two novels based on her heritage as being a descendant of the Mathers involved in the Salem Witch Trials and also a descendant of a Titanic survivor. Her latest book is about assassins and it's kick ass! Adriana has her launch parties in Salem, MA and I am always excited to attend them when I can. Hunting November, the sequel to Killing November, will be coming out next year and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

9. Meg Leder's delightful contemporary novels such as The Museum of Heartbreak and Letting Go of Gravity show how people can find love in unexpected places. I find Meg's books very relatable and I am hoping she will be having more books releasing in the near future.


Which authors are your favorite auto-buy authors? Do we share any of the same ones?

6 comments:

  1. Rainbow Rowell was on my auto list for a while, but I just cannot drum up interest in Simon and Baz. Instead I'm just over here with my little hands clasped in prayer, hoping one day she'll come back to contemporary...

    I did just buy a copy of The Museum of Heartbreak, though, and am looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer her contemporary writings for sure. I hope she writes some more contemporary novels in the future. I hope you enjoy reading The Museum of Heartbreak! I love that book!

      Delete
  2. Stacey Lee does sound like an interesting writer.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like historical fiction, definitely check out Stacey Lee.

      Delete
  3. Rainbow Rowell, yes! I'm so excited for Wayward Son! And I'll never get enough Shadowhunters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Simon and Baz!!!! Also, same goes for the Shadowhunters. I never get enough of the Shadowhunters realm.

      Delete