Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Things to Eat/Drink While Reading

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their favorite things to eat/drink while reading.

I love books and I love food. Why not combine the act of reading and eating together? Although there can be mishaps with food or drink getting on the pages of your wonderful book, it's always fun to curl up with a blanket and to munch on something or drink something while being immersed within a good read. Some of my favorite drinks and things to eat while reading can be found below.

DRINKS

1. Hot tea is my favorite all time drink but it's a little hard to drink it during the warmer months. But during the colder months, I love curling on the couch with a toasty blanket, a mug of hot tea and a book in hand. It's the best way to enjoy a good book.

2. Sparkling water is my go to when water doesn't cut it. I often drink this between glasses of water during the summer time. It's still refreshing but without the sugar and calories that soda has.

3. Lemonade is the one of the best summer drinks when you need a little kick in your drink. It's great when you are sitting on the deck or porch when you are reading.

4. Iced Tea is delicious during the summer when you are kicking back and relaxing on a nice summer day. It's a great alternative to hot tea during the warmer months.

5. Water is plentiful and always available. Hydrating is always key to staying healthy. You can exercise your mind while reading and keep your body hydrated while you are at it.

FOOD

1. Cookies, preferably Snickerdoodles, are my jam when it comes to eating a snack while reading. I also enjoy a glass of milk when I have any type of cookie. Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie to eat and bake. It also doesn't hurt that Snickerdoodles remind me of To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han!

2. Hazelnut M&M's are my favorite new chocolate based candy. They are so addicting and I always have to limit myself to a small handful to eat.

3. Gummy Bears are juicy and delicious when I want a fruity and sugary treat.

4. Pretzels and hummus are fairly healthy compared to snacks like chips. I sometimes will dip raw peppers in hummus as well.

5. Charcuterie with cheese, meats and crackers on a fancy board is always nice for a light lunch or a snack. The mixture between crunchy, creamy and savory is the best snack for someone who can't make up their mind about what they feel like eating. I also like including things like fig jam, grapes, apple slices, etc. to the board.


What are some of your favorite things to eat or drink while reading? Do we share any favorites?

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, mishaps. My books have so many chocolate smudges and tea drops haha.
    A blanket, a good book, and a cup of tea? My idea of a perfect evening.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to not get the pages dirty. I try to hard to keep my books free from smudges.

      Delete
  2. I've recently tried the Hazlenut M&Ms and they are really good! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hot tea, too. And pretzels and hummus are a vastly underrated snack.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gummy bears! I totally haven't had any of those in so long and I think I'm going to have to find some soon. Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you love gummy bears as well. Enjoy and happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Water is my favorite drink. I'm always drinking it when I am reading. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to remember to hydrate throughout the day and I am glad water is your go to drink.

      Delete
  6. Oh man, snickerdoodles are great. I almost never bake them because I never have cream of tartar around the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best cookies around! It took me years to master the perfect recipe.

      Delete
  7. I like tea, but I usually drink water. Gotta stay hydrated! I like how M&Ms has introduced all these new flavors, although I usually don't keep them in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's important to hydrate throughout the day. However, there is something calming and cozy to snuggle with a blanket with a book a mug of hot tea. I have candy in the house sometimes but recently discovered the hazelnut M&Ms for a treat.

      Delete
  8. We share a love of similar drinks! And gummy bears! I need to find a hummus I like again. I had a garlic one that was really good but the three I have purchased since have left me disappointed. ANy favorite brands you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we have similar interests in drinks and also the gummy bears! I am particular of what flavor hummus I like and same goes for brands. I like lemon flavored hummus in general. There was one lemon rosemary one that was delicious but I forgot the brand.

      Delete