Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten signs that we are book lovers. The following signs are in no particular order. 


1. Always checking Goodreads for information about frontlist, backlist and just released books. This is the social media platform for book lovers! 

2. Using the library for books I cannot afford to buy. Seriously, everyone needs to get a library now if they don't already have one. The library is a great resource not only for books. They also have access to computers, other types of media, discounted museum tickets, workshops, author events and much more!

3. Having accounts for Edelweiss and Netgalley to read the latest e-ARCs. The catalogs are ridiculously huge! There are so many titles to choose from and I love how you can read upcoming titles before the general public. 

4. Talking about books with friends in person or online, especially frontlist titles where you definitely don't want to spoil things on social media. 

5. Participating in buddy reads. It's always fun to chat with someone about the book while you are reading. 

6. Attending book events at local bookstores. I love supporting local bookstores. They're the best!

7. Speaking of bookstores, I love to visit bookstores when I travel. I also like checking out libraries when I travel as well. 

8. Comparing the film adaptation to the book. Some of them are great, some are so-so and some are just horrible.

9. Purchasing items such as candles, enamel pins, etc that are book fandom based.

10. Collecting special editions of books I love. Who else collects special editions of books?



Do we share similar signs that we are book lovers? If so, which ones?

2 comments:

  1. I love my public library. What a bargain. Books for free! I am a book lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, libraries are amazing. They definitely need to be hyped up more, especially for anyone who needs free entertainment.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete