Monday, November 24, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Book Bloggers Tag

So no one knows about the origin of the Sisterhood of the World Book Bloggers Tag but it's a fun tag to do! I was tagged by Sarah at What Sarah Read. Thank you Sarah for tagging me! I hope everyone enjoys the Q&A.



Here are the rules!

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.

Now on with the questions!

1. If you could choose one book to re-read once a year for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

Definitely Fangirl!


2. What book character have you identified with the most while reading?

Luna Lovegood because she is a Ravenclaw and she embraces her quirkiness! She is my favorite character in the Harry Potter series because I see a lot of myself in her.

Image from harry potter.wikia.com

3. If you could choose a whirlwind tour of 5 locations from any of the books you’ve ever read, which would you choose. They can be real or fantasy!

My favorite literary locations for a five-stop tour would include Hogwarts from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Idris/Alicante of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Kenettra from The Young Elites by Marie Lu, Valoria from The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski and Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter from The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

4. Recommend a book for someone who normally doesn’t enjoy reading. What book would you pick to change their mind?   

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. I know a lot of people who aren't big readers who read this book and end up loving the Harry Potter series. Also, all ages can enjoy this magical series. Seriously, friendships can form through Harry Potter no matter how alike or different the fans are from each other.

5. What is your favorite movie or television adaptation of a book you’ve read? 

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling and the Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


6. What is your most anticipated book of 2015?

Do I have to pick only one book? Well if I must pick one, I pick The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead because it's the last book in the Bloodlines series and I absolutely love the series. Go Sydrian!


7. What is the longest book you have ever read? 

Off the top of my head, I believe Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at 870 pages is the longest book that I have read..unless you include some classics which are super long.


8. What’s your best blogging tip? 

Be yourself. Don't try to copy others. Don't try to be someone you are not. Your personality will stand out by being yourself and thus making your blog unique.

9. Tell us about your favorite blogging experience you’ve had. Was it meeting a fellow blogger? 
Attending a conference or book signing? 

I am fairly new at blogging but I loved meeting bloggers, librarians, literary agents, educators, etc. at BEA 2014! I loved how I was able to converse with almost anyone at the event about everything bookish!

10. When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging on October 15, 2014. The blog is for me to transfer my bookish thoughts onto a written medium. If people read it, then that's great. If they don't, it's fine too because in the end, the blog is for me.

Ten questions for 10 bloggers
1. What book would you recommend to your fellow book lovers? If the book is part of a series, you can include the series.
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. Who is your most read author? Also, how many books have you read by the author?
4. Name 3 fictional places you would like to visit. 
5. What quote from a book will you never forget and why? 
6. What book can you read over and over again and never get tired of?
7. What book made you cry?
8. List three book confessions.  
9. When and why did you start blogging?  
10. What are some of your favorite hobbies besides reading and blogging?  

The 10 blogger nominees 
1. Christine at Padfoot's Library
2. Jaz at Fiction in Fiction in Fiction
3. Elizabeth, Juliana and Melissa at Novelty Podcast
4. Nicole and Sophia at Quality Fangirls
5. Kaina at These Flying Pages
6. Katie at Mundie Moms
7. Lauren at Love is not a Triangle
8. Nicole and Ashley at The Quiet Concert
9. Jenna at Jenna Does Books
10. Emily at Falling for YA

If you were already tagged by another blogger, then it's okay! It just means more people love your blog!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me, Nicole! I didn't realize you lived on the north shore. We need to meet up sometime! I cannot wait for The Ruby Circle either!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw you at the Kristin Cashore and Marie Rutkoski event at Harvard Books before I stumbled upon your blog. And yes, we should definitely meet up sometime in the near future!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me, Nicole!
    I had no idea the cover for The Ruby Circle was already revealed. Goodness me! I am so excited for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your blog tip! I know I wasn't nominated; but am I allolwed to use your questions and do the tag myself (giving you credit of course)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can definitely do the tag and use the questions!

      Delete