Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten books on their winter TBR list. The following books are in no particular order.

1. Winterspell by Claire Legrand is definitely high on the list because December is the perfect time to read this Nutcracker retelling. 


2. Zodiac by Romina Rusell is a sci-fi fantasy you do not want to miss. Beware of the 13th sign!


3. Dove Arising by Karen Bao is the first book in the Dove Chronicles Trilogy. This debut novel has been on my TBR list ever since I heard about it earlier this year. If you like sci-fi, check this one out.


4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard is high on most people's TBR list and for good reason. This is the first book of the Red Queen Trilogy and Aveyard's debut novel. It looks epic. If you enjoyed read The Young Elites by Marie Lu, I would highly recommend checking out Red Queen.


5. Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff is a contemporary on the lines of The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira. This is Falkoff's debut novel. I am looking forward to this book since The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my favorite novels and I am always looking for books that have a similar vibe.


6. Fairest by Marissa Meyer will finally reveal more about Levana. We found out more about Levana's untold story about how she became the person she is now. 


7. My True Love Gave to Me is edited by Stephanie Perkins and includes short stories by Stephanie, Holly Black, Ally Carter, Matt de la Peña, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor and Kiersten White. Winter is the perfect season to read this anthology. Who doesn't enjoy a good holiday read?



8. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson and Sarah Rees Brennan is a collection of Magnus Bane short stories that I want to marathon. I am a huge fan of The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices series and Magnus Bane is one of my favorite characters in both series. 


 9. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead is a must read for me! I must have rambled about this book so many times in my previous posts but this is THE LAST BOOK in the Bloodlines series!


10. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness is the last book in the All Souls Trilogy. I heard good things about this installment!


2 comments:

  1. You have some VERY pretty looking books on your list this week! Plus they look really interesting as well, very good bookish taste!
    I loved Bane in The Mortal Instruments and so would love to read his books too and learn more. I've seen Red Queen on a few lists this week, looks AMAZING! I've got Cinder, Scarlet and Cress on my list this week so need to read them quickly so I can read Fairest!!! I think I love every single one of your choices this week! :)
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I hope you enjoy the Lunar Chronicles and the Bane Chronicles.

      Delete