Friday, February 27, 2015

Pages to Tea (2)

P A G E S  to  T E A

I'm not sure if you know but I am a big tea fanatic. I have so many bags and tins of tea I probably can create a great wall of tea. I love how different teas have different properties. Some teas can be energizing and some teas can be calming. My favorite time to enjoy a cuppa is when I am reading a book. Hence why I am showcasing some fantastic book and tea pairings.

This edition of Pages to Tea is more character based but all three pairings involve the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. 



It wouldn't be Will without a cuppa of this robust black tea. Full in flavor, this tea is fitting for Will. At first the English Breakfast tea may seem bold, but the flavor is not overpowering. Soften the toasty boldness with a bit of milk. The honey notes tone down the briskness.


Jem is the Yin to Will's Yang. Adagio's Silver Needle is one of the most revered of Chinese teas. It's a delicate white tea with honeysuckle floral fragrance. It's warmed sugar sweetness and a subtle hint of white grape is refreshing on the palate. This exquisite light tea can be drunk straight and can be enjoyed in multiple infusions. Also, I find it interesting how Yin Zhen is similar to Yin Fen.



This is a contemporary twist to the original Earl Grey tea. This classic blend has notes of enchanting lavender that perfectly complements the floral aromas and citrus notes of Earl Grey. The lavender is calming while the Earl Grey is an exhilarating black tea with a citrus sweetness. It's the perfect variation of Earl Grey for Tessa Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment