Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Top 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to blog about their top ten 2016 releases that they meant to read but didn't get to. There are so many books I want to read but so little time. The following titles are in no particular order.


1. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu is the last installment to The Young Elites trilogy. I should make time to read this novel this year since I own it and I love the first two books in the series. Adelina is one of my favorite anti-heroes!


2. Witch's Pyre by Josephine Angelini is the third installment in the Worldwalker series. If you like anything paranormal, Salem related and/or interested in parallel universes, give this series a try.


3. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill is a middle grade novel about a girl who was fed moonlight accidentally as a child and gains extraordinary powers. This novel definitely seems like a wonderful modern fairy tale.


4. Tangled Thoughts by Cara Bertrand is the third installment in the Sententia series. Lainey is leaving Northbrook Academy to embark on her college education but she can not escape the Sententia. If you like books with boarding schools and paranormal powers, check out this series!


5. The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh O'Brien is the second book in The Vault of Dreamers series. This novel picks up right after The Vault of Dreamers left off. If you want to know more about Rosie Sinclair and dream mining, check out this wonderful dystopian series.


6. The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash is the perfect read for those who love comic cons and fandom cons. I am a big fangirl when it comes to things like Harry Potter, Sailor Moon, Bravest Warriors, etc so of course I want to read a book about people obsessing over fandoms.


The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry sounds like a fantastic time travel novel. I heard great things about this novel and I can't wait to dive into it.


8. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon is a very important book that I want to read soon. Immigration has been a huge vital topic. Because I work with a lot of students that are first generation, I feel like this is a story many of them can relate to.


9. Vicarious by Paula Stokes sounds like an action-packed, adventurous sci-fi mystery novel about two Korean adoptees. One day Winter finds out her sister, Rose, is murdered and she won't rest until she finds Rose's killer. I feel like there is so much going on in this novel.



10. Even if the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia is a cute contemporary about Julie who wants change her life. She decides to travel to New Orleans with a youth group to rebuild houses. Little did she know that she would find romance there. This sounds like the perfect light read with just enough swoon.


11. Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz is also another contemporary immigration novel but this time about a teenage girl who aspires to go to college on a full scholarship. Yet, issues arise because she is in the United States as an illegal immigrant. Again, this is a very important read that will resonate with many people I know who work hard but lack certain resources to achieve their dreams.


12. Iron Cast by Destiny Soria is set in 1919 in Boston. Ada has a special gift and she uses it under the employ of nightclub owner who is a gangster. A job goes wrong and Ada is imprisoned. I am very intrigued because of the paranormal power Ada has but I love the time period and I love Boston!



What are some of the 2016 releases you meant to read but didn't get to?

6 comments:

  1. I loved The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love! It was one of my favorites of 2016!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read The Young Elites and Trial of Fire so I can move onto the rest of the series! Gosh, so many 2016 release I meant to get to- the TBR moves so fast! One of them is The Unexpected Everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both fantastic but I am in love with The Young Elites series so far! One of my favorites for sure. I hope you are able to read many of the books on your TBR list.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to listen to the audiobook of The Midnight Star. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you listened to the others via audio book? I haven't really listened to many audio books and was wondering about how the narrator is for The Young Elites trilogy. Happy reading/listening :D.

      Delete