Tuesday, May 30, 2017

BookExpo 2017: Where to Find Me


BookExpo is around the corner and I still keep calling it BEA. Maybe it's because it's been BEA for many years and it's easier to say. For those who plan to be in New York during the last week of May going into the first week of June, I hope I can meet you somewhere at the Javits Center or somewhere in New York City for a bite to eat or for a coffee break. Below you can find a outline of some of the places I may be at during the week. I'm only planning to stay in the city from Wednesday, May 31 to Friday, June 2. Due to my previous trip in May, MISTI-Con, I can't stay in the city too long.

Check out some of my BookExpo tips from a previous BEA.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I will be taking the Amtrak from South Station located in Boston late morning to arrive at Penn Station in NYC mid-afternoon. My friend Selina and I will be checking into out Airbnb before venturing the city. Most likely we will pick up our badges that day but we don't mind picking them early Thursday morning. This year the floor is not open until Thursday.

I am not sure what we have planned but most likely a place to eat and maybe I can see if she wants to visit places like Books of Wonder, The Strand or maybe even stopping by the Jefferson Market Library for BlogBound Con.

Thursday, June 1, 2017  

Selina and I plan to wake up early this day but we'll see how things go. I am hoping that I can meet Katherine Applegate this year since I was not able to meet her in 2015. Her upcoming novel, Wishtree, is definitely on my TBR list. Obtaining All the Way to Havana by Margarita Engle and Mike Curato is a must! Not only have I heard great things about the book but I love anything Mike Curato writes or illustrates! I would love to meet Alice Hoffman when she signs the prequel to Practical Magic called The Rules of Magic. The Twelve-Mile Straight by Eleanor Henderson sounds like a fantastic novel and I would love to meet the author. Amy Tan will be signing Where The Past Begins samplers at the end of the day and I definitely want to meet her. I have been reading her books since 2001 and she's one of the authors that I want to meet in my lifetime. Meg Kassel will be signing her book Black Bird of the Gallows. The book has been on my TBR for awhile and I would love to meet Meg! The last thing on my list is to hopefully obtain a copy of

So the above are musts but there are a couple other things you might find me doing during the day depending on timing. I would love to obtain a galley of Hiddensee by Gregory MaguireGirls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust and seeing Adam Silvera again when he is signing They Both Die at the End. I've met Lauren Oliver a couple of times and she's super nice. She is signing Ringer, which is the next book in the Replica series. Of course it would be nice to meet Rossella Rago who wrote the cookbook, Cooking with Nonna. There are also a few other cookbooks being highlighted on Thursday afternoon which I would love to chat with publicists about.

Friday, June 2, 2017

At the start of the day at 9:30, Celeste Ng will be signing Little Fires Everywhere. I have a feeling the line will be long for this one but it doesn't hurt to try to see if I can meet Celeste. Marie Lu will be signing Warcross around 11:00 and I have a feeling that the line will be super long but I will try my chances in trying to meet her. Jan Brett is signing The Mermaid and hopefully I will be lucky in the morning to obtain a ticket for this signing. I MUST obtain MarcyKate Connolly's upcoming novel, Shadow Weaver! I will have to make sure that I make this a priority and I plan to line up very early to make sure I get to say hi to MarcyKate again. Kerri Maniscalco is someone who I have been dying to meet ever since I heard about Stalking Jack the Ripper. Although I was lucky to get sent a copy of Hunting Prince Dracula, I would love to finally meet the lovely Kerri. I am excited that she will be visiting the Boston area in the fall for the Boston Teen Author Festival. To end the day, I would love to see if I can score a copy of Julie Dao's debut novel, Forest of a Thousand Lanterns and to meet Julie. There is much buzz about this novel so we'll see how crazy it gets for the signing. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert during a galley drop! This novel has been hyped a lot online and the synopsis sounds fantastic. I probably won't be able to get Hazelwood because I need to leave the Javits by 3:45.

Some of the other things I would like to do but aren't musts include meeting Kamilla Benko who wrote The Whisper in the Stone. The middle grade novel sounds like a fantastic read. Amanda Foody who wrote Daughter of the Burning City would be awesome to meet but I know Harlequin does the multi-author signings and it requires at least a 1.5 hour line up before meeting authors. Anna-Marie McLemore will be signing her upcoming book, Wild Beauty, which sounds fabulous!

Selina and I are leaving NYC around 4:45ish from Penn Station. This day will be a long one since we will be waking up early in the morning for BookExpo and we will be leaving the Javits early enough to head to Penn Station in order to get some food before departing to Boston. Estimated arrival time at South Station is a little bit after 9:00.


Are you going to BookExpo? If so, what are you excited for? Are there certain authors you hope to meet and titles you want to check out? Follow me on social media via the has tag #NicoleAtBookExpo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment