Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Top Ten Favorite Book Blogs/Bookish Websites

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and the meme moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to list their top ten favorite book blogs/bookish websites. The following websites are in no particular order. 


1. The Perpetual Page Turner is a blog that I have been following for at least 5 years. Jamie is amazing and I always look forward to her posts. Her blog is mainly a lifestyle blog now but there are still a good amount of book related posts even after she had her daughter. She is super nice too. I got to meet Jamie a few times at BEA before. Jamie also used to host the The Broke and Bookish Secret Santa annually and also of course is one of the founders of The Broke and the Bookish.

2. Goodreads is the Facebook for book lovers. Anything you possible need to know about a certain title is listed on Goodreads. You can befriend others, join book clubs, enter giveaways, participate in group forum threads, and organize all your book that you own or plan to read. There are multiple ways to organize your books which is great. Also, you can post reviews, rate books and check ebook deals.

3. So Obsessed With started as a book blog but is now more of a lifestyle blog. I love how Hannah includes posts about how she uses traveler's notebooks and happy planners. She has great organizational posts including one about how to maximize the usage of Goodreads.

4. Alexa Loves Books is one of the blogs I have been following since I got into book blogging. Not only do I love all of her posts but she has some fun and unique features that she co-hosts with Rachel from Hello, Chelly. There are ones about trips that she goes on with Rachel, Table for Two foodie reviews and Friends with ARCs. Occasionally her husband will post some reviews as well.

5. Hello, Chelly is run by Rachel one of my favorite features that she has called Book Bags that incorporates her love for handbags and book covers. Of course, as I mentioned above, I enjoy the co-feaures she does with Alexa which includes Table for Two and Friends with ARCs.

6. Miss Print is a blog that I frequently check for reviews in general. I trust Emma's insight about most books that she reads. I often like to read Miss Print's Week in Review where Emma shares all the posts of the week and talks about what has been going on in her life for that week. I have a shelf on Goodreads that I labeled as Emma Reads. Based on Emma's reviews, I will add some books that I am unsure about or haven't heard about until I read Emma's review.

7. Overdrive is an excellent website for people who love to read e-books and audiobooks. Overdrive is connected to many library networks and you can request ebooks to read for free! I love being able to browse the catalog to see what is available right away but you can always request a title and Overdrive will notify when the ebook or audiobook is ready to download by e-mail. All you need is a library card to access titles on Overdrive.

8. Edelweiss is not only a website to request e-ARCS but it's also a great website to access publishers' seasonal title catalogs. I love to read up more information about each title and each title's marketing plans. I also review books on Edelweiss as well.

9. The Book Addict's Guide is a book blog run by Brittany and she is also the creator of Novelly Yours candles. I enjoy reading Brittany's reviews and Brittany is one of the co-hosts of On The Same Page Secret Sister project which I participated in for a few rounds. I actually met quite a lot of bookish people through #OTSPSecretSister.

10. So...I couldn't figure which blogger or website to include as my final one. There are just too many to choose from.


What are some of your favorite blogs or bookish websites to visit?

9 comments:

  1. I think lots of bloggers expand beyond their initial starting point, and I think that's fabulous. I like to see bloggers talk about all sorts of their favorite things. Plus, so long as book blogging remains a part of this, I love to see this variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never looked at the marketing plans on Edelweiss but that sounds super interesting. I hardly ever go there, moreso on Netgalley when I do browse... I'll have to check it out! And Alexa Loves Books is a great blog, for sure. The other ones are new to me - I'll have to visit.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodreads is definitely on my list. I like Edelweiss as well... they have a lot of good information out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab list! I totally agree with you about Jamie's blog. Still wonderful! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finding some great new resources today. Off to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodreads is wonderful! I've found so many books through that site. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun promoting the book blogs and other bookish sites in this week's TTT post, isn't it??

    Here's a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live on Goodreads. I’m not sure how I lived before I discovered it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks friend! This means a lot. Knowing that you have an Emma Reads shelf means a lot and is one of the things I always remember when it feels like I'm just talking to myself.

    ReplyDelete