Friday, June 5, 2015

MISTI-Con: Day 3


Check out Day 1 of my MISTI-Con adventures here and Day 2 here.

Day 3: Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday at MISTI-Con was pretty intense since there was so much to do. I actually slept in and missed my first panel due to me staying up to late the previous day. I ended up wearing my Marauder's robes. After a quick breakfast, I ended up attending a panel called Houses vs. Factions: Comparing Harry Potter and Divergent in Belknap. It was pretty short but the panelist opened up the floor for Q&A and also for comments. I loved listening to other peoples' opinions about how the Harry Potter houses correlate with Diverent's factions.

After the panel, I met up with Krissy to help her set up her table for the Bewitching Bazaar and Author's Alley. I ended up staying for the most of the bazaar assisting my sister with her craft table. My boyfriend and I were able to wander around the Wizarding World Fair when my sister's table wasn't super crowded. There were a lot of inflatables like the Auror's Training Course and a bouncy house which was renamed The Shrieking Shack. Lunch was pretty amazing since there were a lot of awesome food trucks around. My boyfriend and I had some hot dogs and fries from Best Dog on the Planet: Boston Trolley Dogs.

Krissy and I at Krissy's craft table
Guess who I found at the Bewitching Bazaar? Professor Sprout and Neville!
Unfortunately, I had to miss a few panels in the afternoon since the Bazaar ran from 12:00-5:00 and I was setting up from 10:30-12:00 and breaking down from 5:00 - 6:00. After a bit to eat for dinner, my boyfriend and I wandered around the Margate and ended up in the Common Room. Around 7:00, my boyfriend and I walked toward Paugus for a yarn spinning workshop. Can I say that it took me forever to to learn how to spin yarn on a metal hook. I didn't get to the drop spindle but I hope to continue learning how to spin yarn. It's pretty cool how you can take wool and transform it to yarn so quickly. After practicing during my free time in my hotel room, I finally got the hang of it and spun a pretty good amount of yarn. It's quite relaxing once I got a hang of it. One of my favorite parts of the night was seeing the rainbow sky! The Margate had an amazing view!


I took it pretty easy Saturday night because I wanted to stay up late on Sunday because of the Ball and because it's the last night at MISTI. I went to bed at a good time because I didn't want to miss my first program on Sunday morning. I did pop into the Unspeakable Party for a bit in my PJs just to see what's going on and wandered around the empty corridors.

Ministry corridor

No comments:

Post a Comment