Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 9 of the 12 Days of Book Blogmas


I was reading Ashley's Books to Tea blog earlier this month and I stumbled upon the 12 Days of Book Blogmas that Rachel at Parajunkee is hosting. I wanted to do something festive this month for the blog but haven't found the right Book Blogmas to participate in. Parajunkee's 12 Days of Book Blogmas is definitely right up my alley. The ninth day is today and the 12 Days of Book Blogmas will continue for 3 days until December 25th.

Day 9: Free For All

The Yule Ball in Cambridge took place at the Middle East Downstairs on Saturday, December 20, 2014. It was an amazing event with an amazing lineup. Yule Ball X's lineup included Harry and the Potters, the Potter Puppet Pals, Draco and the Malfoys, Tonks and the Aurors, Jason Anderson, Lauren Fairweather and The Whomping Willows.

Image from harryandthepotters.tumblr.com

I have seen half of the groups previously but I was super excited to attend this festive Harry Potter event. The cool thing is that 5 dollars of the ticket purchase goes toward the Harry Potter Alliance.

The event was amazing. The Whomping Willows played the "I Believe in Nargles" which is one of my favorites. Lauren Fairweather is amazing! She had a song called "Math" in tribute of Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars

Lauren Fairweather

And the Potter Puppet Pals were hilarious. This year the Potter Puppet Pals did a Christmas beauty pageant. Snape MCed and the trio were contestants. I loved it so much. I love all their outfits and Hermione's song about "All I Want for Christmas is Books" was amazing! I loved how her Christmas wish is a Kindle...a Kindle Voyage because if of the better DPI. Ron's Christmas wish is to have a lion with a nice mane to eat his enemies or something of that sort. Harry's Christmas wish is to get a more competent Potions Master. Harry did a freestyle dance which was so him earlier during the Potter Puppet Pal act. You can check out Rachael's video for the freestyle dance/song.


The best part of the pageant was the ending. Ron won the competition but had to complete one more task...to beat Voldemort in a snowball fight. You can see part of the fight below. Voldie got pummeled by a bunch of small snowballs and one HUGE snowball. Too funny.





The HP Alliance hosted an amazing Apparating Library. If you have a chance to attend an event with an Apparating Library, please participate! It's an amazing way to share books with other book lovers. 




I brought in three books to donate and was able to bring new books home. I already read The Fault in Our Stars before but I can never have too many copies of the book. I never read Burn for Burn but it's been on my TBR list for quite awhile. And I loved Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried so I figured I would check out If I Die in a Combat. I also picked up a Books Turn Muggles into Wizards mug.


No comments:

Post a Comment