Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy 20 Years, Harry Potter!

June 26th marks the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter! Come and share the magic with everything Potter like! Not only has Harry Potter been in my life for over 15 years but Harry Potter was life changing for me. I didn't dive into the fandom until after the fourth book was released when I was a freshman in high school. Who knew that I would still be loving Harry Potter in my adult years. As many of you know, Harry Potter has been a positive influence in my life and has helped me through many tough times. The books have transported me to Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and to a world that I felt comfortable. I could be myself and I didn't have to pretend to be something I am not.

Harry Potter has opened doors for many friendships. I bonded over Harry Potter in college with other Potterheads and it wasn't until after college, I began to attend Harry Potter conventions. Can I say those conventions are life savers! The fandom is so welcoming and it feels like a second family. Every time I go to MISTI-Con, it feels like a family reunion. Harry Potter conventions has provided a safe environment for many Potterheads. Along with conventions, I enjoy local Harry Potter meet ups in Massachusetts. It's a nice way to get together with others when conventions are not in session. 

The relationship between my sister and I has grown stronger through our mutual love for Harry Potter. We often attend Harry Potter conventions and events together. Harry Potter has helped me become a stronger person and to always persevere. After all, “happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Bloombury recently launched a new set of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone books in house colors. Definitely check them out! I was fortunate enough to get a paperback and hardcover in Ravenclaw blue and bronze through Book Depository. If you live outside of the UK, definitely check out Book Depository to see if they deliver to your country. They provide free shipping!

Image from harrypotter.bloomsbury.com
Check out some of my favorite Harry Potter related blog posts. I have listed a bunch below for you to check out. I have various posts from Pottermas features to convention recaps.

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Teaser Trailer
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Film
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Obscurials
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Connecting Wizarding Worlds

LEVIOSA 2016 


Day 1 and Day 2 Recap
Day 3 and Day 4 Recap

MISTI-CON 2015


Day 1: The Beginning
Day 2 Recap
Day 3 Recap
Day 4 and Day 5 Recap

MISTI-CON 2017


Day 1 Recap
Day 2 Recap
Day 3 Recap
Day 4 and Day 5 Recap


POTTERMAS 2015 


November 13: Pottermas 2015
December 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
December 3: Harry Potter Trivia Contest + Giveaway
December 4: Harry Potter Gift Guide
December 5: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
December 8: How Did I Find Harry Potter?
December 9: Pottermas Butterbeer Recipes
December 10: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
December 13: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
December 15: Ranking Harry Potter Books and Films
December 17: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
December 22: Harry Potter Gifts I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year
December 23: Harry Potter Appreciation Letter and Digital Holiday Card
December 24: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
December 29: What Should You Read After Finishing the Harry Potter Series?
December 31: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

POTTERMAS 2016 


December 1st: Pottermas Introduction
December 5th: Ten Underrated Moments in Harry Potter
December 7th: Harry Potter Patronus
December 10th: Ranking Harry Potter Soundtracks
December 12th: Harry Potter Recipe
December 14th: Harry Potter Funko Pop Photoshoot
December 17th: Harry Potter Craft Tutorial
December 20th: Harry Potter Gifts I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree
December 23rd: Favorite Harry Potter Spells
December 28th: Favorite Harry Potter Character Quotes and Moments
December 31st: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Review

OTHER 


Harry Potter Spells Book Tag
Harry Potter Salem Wizarding Halloween Ball
Pages to Tea: Harry Potter Version
Fandom: Harry Potter Beyond the Books and Movies: A Focus on Fandom
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Midnight Release Recap


Harry Potter has lead us to so much more than the books. With the films, theme parks, merchandise, Pottermore and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I don't see the fandom ever dying. Long live Harry Potter!


Are you doing anything to celebrate 20 years of Harry Potter? How are you involved in the Harry Potter fandom? Please share your experience below.


No comments:

Post a Comment